Can I file a petition for contempt?

Posted by on May 27, 2016 in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Can I file a petition for contempt?

If the judge made an order in your family law case, such as ordering your spouse to pay a certain sum as spousal support, and the responsible party isn’t honouring the order, you can chose to file a contempt of court petition. This is a mechanism used by individuals through their attorneys to help enforce court orders. Read on for more insight about how petitions for contempt can affect cases involving family law. What is contempt of court? This is a scenario where an individual is fully aware of a court order but knowingly ignores or...

read more